Tuesday, June 01, 2010

A Sanctuary Indeed...

About a week ago, I received one of those service smses promoting happy hours for beer at Sanctuary @ The Curve. It had a 'buy 1 free 1' promo for Kilkenny ale (I think its an ale), the ale which I only tasted once many years ago and have yet to taste a smoother ale like that! Yes the kind that Pandarian Brewmaster says, ' Fresh brewed ale', 'have one on the house'. So on my first full day back in KL, me, my house mate Aaron and Andy went there to check it out.


New and reloaded Sanctuary...

We reached the place at around 4.30 (according to Yong, no one drinks during the day) and I was surprised to see how much it has changed. The Sanctuary I remembered was this club with just a few tables outside and only one small entrance door. Now it has a nice al fresco sitting with sofas and all with many more seats inside. I have to say it is a pretty good environment! They weren't kidding with their revamped, relaunched, resomething, reloaded tag line. But what I was REALLY impressed with was their new (to me at least o.O) happy hour promo.


Couldn't believe our luck...

Yes, you read the flyer right! Buy 1 free 2 till 7pm!! Normally at any other joint it would be buy 1 free 1 till 6 pm ni. So this was literally striking gold! And the beers on promo were Tiger, Kilkenny, Guinness (!) and Heineken (!!). So first we ordered 1 pint of Kilkenny, wasn't as smooth as I remembered but it was still good and at RM33 bucks for 3, can't really complain aye!? Oh for Aaron it was kinda (or is it?) his Hari Gawai away from home! LOL!! So it is safe to say, this place has overtaken The Library as my favourite watering hole from now on =D!


What's better than buy 1 free 1? free 2 of course...

Next, we ordered a pint of Guinness for RM33 a pint. I'm not really a keen drinker of the black stuff. But since I hear many people swear by this, I decided to give it a go. It wasn't bad, but I still haven't found a taste for it yet =\. After that we ordered another pint of Kilkenny and then to my favourite beer: Heineken @ 20 bucks a pint!! 20 freaking bucks for 3! That's like less thn 7 per pint which makes it helluva lot cheaper then even the supermarket! Hey we even had refillable bar food in the shape of 'kacang kuda'. Seeddaappp~.


The kacang was nais...

I thought that would be it and we would be heading home after but we decided to join some other friends for a birthday party all the way in Sunway. The only pinoy friend of mine was having his 21st birthday at his home so we decided to join in the fun. It was a great party with plenty of food and booze O.o... and I really do think all Filipinos can sing loh... damn kao weh... from dad to sons, which meant the night went on to have many a long sing a long sessions.


Liquid black gold... I'm still sceptical...

After that, Jason's idea was to drag the birthday boy to some club called Dolphin @ sunway. But with the drunken state of the birthday boy, he didn't show up. I'm sorry to say lah, but that has to be the most lala club I've been to weh... And the drinks weren't cheap either -.-'... But that didn't deter Andy from drinking some more drinks and doing entah apa lanciao to impress some GRO there ( is that the term used now? it's those girls who try to sell you drinks wan). Tried to buy his way into bringing her home with him. Seriously, these girls how to bring home wan... It's their job to look drunk and make you spend ur cash on them la...


You can never have too many drinks during happy hours...

Well, on the way back, that sohai (sorry, must use this term liao) claimed to be sober enough to drive back home and we were foolish enough to let him. How fucking wrong were we. If you guys are frequent travellers of the LDP near the Motorola bridge/Western Digital area, you'll know that there is a killer corner there with some Kedai Perabot LDP nearby. If it was a Japanese made car at the very least, taking a corner at 140 kmph would be shaky but still fine. Other bigger cars like Merc or BMWs would be no prob la. But the Andy thought (or didn't think) his home made, semi tricked out wira was good as well...

Needless to say he was wrong, and we hit the damn divider... Luck must be shining on us cos 1) no other cars were on the road 2) didn't hit any dividers after that. All of us were fine. 2 of us were sober. the car surprisingly only had 2 busted tyres and some small scrapes... No paint job loss on the sides at all.. -.-''

This is why I ALWAYS say: 'If you wanna drink till you get drunk, do it at home'. Cos if you die at home, you'll only injure/embarrass yourself! Oh to all my East Malaysian friends, Happy Gawai!!