Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Shit Happens... FML..

I was overjoyed when Manchester United announced earlier in the year that they will be coming here for pre season warm up. I have posted previously how massively I was psyched and how I would be going no matter what and that nothing will keep me away. But life, as it turns out, always finds a way to fuck you up in the ass especially when you are at your happiest of moments.


Looks like I won't be going after all... FUCK!

See, as it turns out, my cousin is getting married... THIS Saturday. Which is ALSO the day where United is suppose to play here. Heck, even with the H1N1 shit going on, they still wanna come. And yet, due to this wedding, I won't be able to. I tried to put my point across to my dad, but him being him, shot me down in an instance with the saying : family is more important, plus, its just a friendly. And they question me for not talking to them more. Make no mistake, my dad KNOWS how BIG a Man Utd supporter his son is, but shit just has to happen. And who knows when will they ever come back here again? Asia ain't that small ya know...

Heck when I first found out bout this, I set it on my status on Facebook and immediatly got alot of ppl telling me to just ditch the wedding. But, the way I see it, as Chinese as my not so Chinese family is, when it comes to your eldest uncle's only son's wedding, there is no compromise. Then again, I can't really blame him for getting married on this date, weddings aren't planned a month ahead, they are planned 6 months ahead. Also, can't blame United for coming on this date, cos heck, for them to even consider coming back here, its a privilege. So for this 2 dates to actually coincide, someone must really be hating me.. probably I should seek salvation in a religion now? Nah, fuck that...


Will only be seeing this on tv I guess

Aih, was really looking forward to see Micheal Owen finally dawning the right red colour strip :D. But I suppose I can only watch it when they play on tv eh. I actually wanted to ask those who are going for the match (and shit, I count, damn lot of ppl I know are going) to text me or call me whenever there is a goal, just to annoy my parents... I actually had to change my message tone from Bat Country to a doorbell cos my dad said it was annoying. Oh well, I'm fucking miserable, and misery loves company no? I just hope that either the local tv stations or Astro Supersport shows the match live. Fucked I maybe, but surely not THAT fucked rite?

Only good thing to come out from this? Well, I will be going for the training on Friday and there is suppose to be some sort of dinner that night also, but I'm gonna blow them off... If all goes as planned, I'll only be going back to Malacca on Saturday morning. As for my tickets, I gave it to my gf to go with her dad. So I suppose its not that bad.. Wait.. who am I kidding? It IS that bad!!


Was really looking forward to see Rooney run circles around the defence

Come Saturday, I will be at that wedding no doubt, but make no mistake, it will not be a joyous occasion for me. Cos heck, my joyous occasion will be at the national stadium where my beloved team will be whooping the asses of the national team... If I were to submit this to fmylife.com, it will be something like this:

'Today, my favorite football team is playing and I have tickets, also today, my cousin is getting married so I am forced to ditch the match and go for the wedding, I am 23. FML'

Oh, I should also mention, I have nothing against my cousin and him getting married n shit. But just bad timing...