Monday, July 27, 2009

This Ain't Living...

I for one detest organic food. I put people who eat organic food and vegetarians into one category : the pussy no taste for food category. Vegetarians for one are missing out on the best part of the food group : meat. Most chefs including Mr. Ramsay himself would kick a vegetarian out of their restaurant! As organic food? You are paying more for food that is using less product. Meaning to say its only called 'organic' cos they don't use all those pesticides and fertilizers. So why are we suppose to pay more for less? Nonsense ain't it! But not that it ain't good for u la..

So today for lunch, me , my gf and her friend went to this place in Bangsar Village 2 which sells organic food. I wasn't too keen on it at first but after the friend said his aunt says its nice, I figured might as well give it a go hoping to have my thoughts on organic food changed. Now I wanna say I'm not putting my friend down for bringing me to this place cos well, he also has never tried before. Menu was pretty vast, had local nasi lemak rendang to tomyam to fish and stuff. But apparently with organic food comes the concept of healthy living so there was no soft drinks, ice lemon tea pun tak da!


Kirky! Look at the size of the fish!! Puny ain't it??

So I decided to call the menu with the least organic produce la, and at 50% organic ingredients (I kid u not, they put a scale on the menu) I had the Salmon Deluxe with Brown Rice and a Hawaiian Delight drink.. Supposed to be a mix of pineapple, apple and soy yogurt. And when my meal came I had the shock of my life!! The salmon was sooo small. It was barely bigger than the size of my palm!! Palm excluding the fingers!!! OMFG!! WTF is so DELUXE bout it ?? Size of its ego ah? Seems like this is organic salmon, cos its been fed with organic feed. Hmmm, a conclusion I can straight away draw was if you want your stuff to be small, take organic food. I can understand if they want the portion to be small, healthy and maybe chic, but fuck me, this was shit! Couldn't throw it back at the waitress cos well, still ain't that rich to throw away food :P. And does healthy living means lack of salt? Cos the fish was almost tasteless! I CAN cook better! The rice and vege was OK la at most. Price was 13.00+!


Gardenia wholemeal bread + 1 drop of pineapple essence = my weird ass drink

My drink was another story all together, wait, almost the same la. I'm sure most of you have tried Gardenia Wholemeal Bread before right? Neh, the one with the green colour wrapping with a lot of grains wan. Ok, imagine you take a few slices of that, blend it till its really fine and not grainy, and add a hint, yes a bloody hint, like 1 drop of pineapple essence into it and serve. My first reaction? Liquidized wholemeal bread!! And it cost me RM9.90. For the same price or maybe 1 or 2 bucks more, I can have a to die for peanut butter banana smoothie at Paddingtons House Of Pancakes! My/her friend ordered some hot chocolate that ended up tasting more like Milo and cost RM8.90. So total my meal came up to bout rm25 after tax. Shit, I eat Italiannies set lunch oso more worth it!


This is so FAIL!! But can't deny it taste delicious though!

So after that experience, I told them I might just come back only if got people belanja me, cos well, maybe the other stuff on the menu taste better? But according to the other 2, they wouldn't even if they had a free meal! So as a conclusion? 1) Organic food kinda sucks ass for the price 2) If this is the way to healthy living, they can just shove it up their ass! I'd rather be munching on some Biskut Ayam that is made from pork any day! My gf said food is supposed to be enjoyed, not suffered.. how true..