Monday, August 03, 2009

Not Your Average Weekend...

Last weekend proved to be one of those weekends where 'things aren't exactly what they seem to be' weekend...for me at least. See, first off, I read on the news that there was suppose to be some demonstration in town on Saturday. What I didn't know was that they were about to close out nearly half of KL! There were road blocks everywhere from what I read and traffic was a practical standstill for hours. Even my mid term test oso had to be pushed back half an hour cos the lecturer was stuck in the jam.


If u wanna read or see more, head onto the online web portals like MalayisiaInsider or MalaysianMirror...

The government must be so damn free to close down half of KL la, checking everyones cars to see if they are transporting anything dangerous. Heck, it ain't that easy to get ur hands on armed weapons and c4 ya know.. unless of cos u ARE the government! And to quote an article by Stocktube.blogspot.com : 'The capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, was actually shut-down on Friday itself. I planned to go back early on Friday after a gathering but somehow couldn’t make it and spend some good hours wasting expensive fuels, thanks to the super-efficient police force in setting up road-blocks as if a batallion Genghis Khan’s army was invading. If only the police force would do the same to catch snatch thieves, murderers or at least the mat rempits. I bet people would applause to watch FRU sending their tear-gas and spraying acid rain to mat rempits, no?' Appearantly a bunch of people rallying peacefully is more dangerous than those no good shitheads on bikes. Thing is, after watching all this videos, I realize the crowd only gets rowdy WHEN the cops come and act like they own the place.


Dumb fuck(s) take 2..

And the thing is, there was suppose to be a rally FOR ISA on that same day. Wonder how many people actually did show up... Sure they have their reasons for supporting this draconian act, but hey, its like wearing a Liverpool jersey at a Man Utd vs Malaysia game ya know... I'm just surprised those fellas weren't bashed up! Ok ok , I shall try to stop here cos I don't wanna be dragged and put into some hole where the sun don't shine.

heineken greenroom @ Zouk
For once, I wasn't a happy Heineken drinker...

Anyways, I was suppose to go to Zouk that night for the Heineken Green Room thing with Yong, Don and my girlfriend. Seeing that the traffic was still like shit at 7pm, I seriously thought of just foregoing this event. But then in the end, we ended up going la. Was my first time at Zouk and my first event like this. I thought being on the guest list and it being a Heineken event, I assumed there would be a free flow of beer. But it turned out we didn't get shit! Not even a complementary entrance booze! Boy did I feel ripped off even though we didn't pay a cent to enter :P. And the place was so small... -.-''. That was the main reason I was there so I immediately wanted to go home :(. But Yong was there on a different motive: to see Verbal. Turns out he was bitterly disappointed. Although the resident DJs and Britsh act Filthy Dukes were pretty good.

Alright, before I move on, can you guess where this photo below was taken from?


You wouldn't think a place like this would have this right...

Well, my girlfriend and I went to visit her mom today at the hospital (don't worry, everything's alright) and the last time I was at this hospital was about a year or so back when she was there. And they only thing they had was a Starbucks. And now, they have evolved to having Starbucks, 1901 Hot dogs and Baskin Robbins!! I was lucky enough to be there on the 31st to enjoy the discount.. LOVE the Strawberry Cheesecake flavour!! And yes, all this at a hospital. Pantai Hospital in Bukit Pantai near Bangsar actually. If somehow unluckily (touch wood) I have to be warded, I wanna come here so I can enjoy my Iced Caramel Macchiato, Chicago Beef and Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream while being bedridden!