Friday, August 07, 2009

Taking A Dig...

People like PYH, Yong and my girlfriend would probably know where I stand on religion, for those who don't than well, its another story for another day. However, I just watched another one of George Carlin's clips on YouTube and I have to say, I really admire him. Dad said my sis told him bout George's clip bout the 'Modern Man' but right from the time I heard his name, I knew that he had much much better stuff in his locker. Below is one of those I sent to PYH in his time of need. haha..


How true.. And there are loads more online..

Which brings me to a documentary I just watched called Religulous by Bill Maher. Insightful to say the least. See how he stumps rabbis, priest and ulamas in their wake. I think everyone should watch this once before preaching bout faith. *Note: I'm not condemning any of you friends who believe in god and is religious k :)*



Cover says it all ....

My favorite quotes from George and Bill are :
1) More people are killed in the name of religion than for any other cause.
2) There is every bit as much evidence for the existence of UFOs as there is for the existence in God. Probably more.
3) I was a Catholic til I reached the age of reason.
4) You don't believe in evolution but you believe in Adam and Eve and the talking snake? A talking snake?

I do agree to a point that religion is a beautiful thing. But its when religion mixes with politics is when most things become fucked. Don't get me started on that. Need an example? Our beloved Bolehland of course. Where almost all the major headline grabbers these days are about religion (which entails race as well).


Should try this someday...

Well, after seeing these 2 really great and inspiring people, the next time there is a door to door person trying to sell or promo their religion, instead of just ignoring them like my mom usually does, I think I'll answer them and have a really nice debate, mind fuck them eh? >:)

So there, just a dig at no doubt a still controversial and taboo subject in our culture. I'll end this with a joke that I coined myself: Woman walks up to me in a mall, 'Have you found religion young man?' and I said ' Yeah, I did, and I just returned it to the Lost & Found counter over there'.