Friday, February 19, 2010

It's Been A Sinful New Year...

This Chinese New Year has been a particularly different one for me. Particularly because my sister isn't around this year which means I had to do quite a lot of house work this time round. But also because I scaled down on the visiting BIG time.

On the first day my visiting only started at 3pm while on the second day, I only visited 2 places, well 3 lah if I include the legendary steamboat or should I say post steamboat (more on that later) And that's pretty much it, 3rd day was just some relatives visiting our house so yeah, that does go to say also that the annual bonus has diminished slightly this year.


The Cast of 2010...

2 CNYs ago I was sober and hardly gambled but this year, all hell broke lose, was drinking almost everyday whether its with friends and family or by myself watching shows on tv/laptop. Family reunions used to be all Sprites, Cokes and the occasional Shandy's but now, its beer all the way. And the gambling has well, increased a lil bit as well though the sad thing is I still lost money after all.

Coming back to the steamboat, we decided that gone were the days of starting visiting from morning until evening cos well, it was not very fun anymore and didn't see the point of doing it. So, we decided to have a steamboat/drinking session instead amongst a small group of us. The idea to drink came up cos 1) Need to drown someone's sorrows 2) a few of us might have developed a bad habit.


The Main Culprits of The Night...

Out of concern for those involved, I wouldn't wanna indulge in too much detail but only to say, my dear friend Mr. Takila and his twin bro decided to make an appearance with 1 Absolut Vodka and Barcardi. Shots were taken, lethal concoctions were made all in the name of that drinking game we played about a month back.

Suffice to say there were a few casualties during the night, one rather unexpectedly I must say though I have already given out a disclaimer that I would not be held responsible should anyone fall out along the way. Well, all in all what I can say is, that night would be one of those nights we will remember and maybe someday tell our kids about...


What happens after a few drinks...

As for eating, that goes without saying that the feast hardly stops: cakes, biscuits, snacks, PORK, lots and lots of pork and mandrin oranges. So without a doubt, I will be going back to KL even more overweight then I already am when I came back. Haiz, such is life...