Monday, March 01, 2010

Show Some Enthusiasm Would Ya...

Another weekend, another cup in the bag. Thanks to the red hot partnership of Rooney and Valencia (seriously, those two have been getting the bulk of the goals and assists this past few games) and of course a goal from Owen, we defeated Aston Villa to defend the Leagues Cup which happens to be Fergie's 32nd trophy at Old Trafford! Even Villa boss Martin O'Neil said, 'How is the new manager even going to better Fergie's record? Win 10 premier league titles? That would just be getting on par.'

As Michael Owen celebrates his goal with Darren Fletcher.
More of this please Micheal...

However, it can clearly be seen by the way the players react after winning that this is not the title they would want, probably the least important ahead of the Community Shield. I was a little bit annoyed that instead of running the length of the pitch or jumping for joy or just falling to their knees with emotion, players from both sides just smiled and shook hands with each other much like the end of a regular league match. Heck, I could see the likes of Owen not even smiling when the final whistle blew, but then again, he got injured in the match so probably that's why.

Wayne Rooney celebrates after scoring the goal which won the Carling Cup for Manchester United
Look who's at it again...

Now all we need is the league and Champions League *fingers crossed*.Luckily though it did not have to go to extra time else I would've been so screwed cos I had 2 midterms today with the first paper at 8.30am. I was pretty zoned out while I was revising my notes and even more stoned when taking the papers but I think I did alrite as what I read came out :D.

On another note, thank freaking allah/god/*insert your idol of worship here* that the winter Olympics is over. Finally normal scheduling of programmes in the States can resume which means regular download times for me over here :).

Aite... time to sleep in this freaking hot weather. Though I won't be surprise by the time I wake up, it just might rain.