Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sacrifices We Make...

You know you lack sleep when by mid day, your head feels like dropping down to the nearest surface and doze off but closing your eyes can be painful. That was what happened to me (again) today as I stayed up almost all night, I say almost cos I manage to get in 1 hour of sleep before heading off to class. And it didn't help that I was at Bangsar by 8 am for my 10 am class... Heck on the way back, I almost missed my stop in the train, woke up just in time at my stop! Reason? Watching Champions League football of course! Was it worth it?

Wayne Rooney turns to celebrate his first, as he would put the Italian side to the sword.
Back with a bang...

Well, not only did we beat trash AC Milan and bury the ghost of couple of years back, not only did Rooney made an impressive comeback from injury by scoring 2, and not only did David Beckham return to his old haunting ground giving probably the best performance from a player in black, it was United's usual unsung heroes in Park, Fletcher and even old man Neville giving one heck of a performance with the former 2 getting a goal each that really impressed me. This has to be one of our best performance in Europe for a long time... To put into context what I'm trying to express, last season when we whoop Arsenal, it was compared as boys versus men, last night however, it was like men taking on a bunch of grandpas!

David Beckham dons an anti-Glazer scarf on his way off the pitch, and he was nearly in tears as he gave his post-match interview.
Becks was given a fitting rousing ovation on his arrival...

And to add icing to the cake, super cocky Real Madrid got knocked out at home by Lyon! Imagine their defender proudly predicting that they will win 3-0 in front of their home crowd and former Liverpool player Xabi Alonso (who?) saying he'll be back for the next round of matches from injury! HAHA... so much for that.. Moral of the story? Trash talking only works if you win.

Ronaldo shows his disappointment as he watches Real's hopes of returning to the Bernabeu in May fade.
Down and out...

On another note, I was surprised how 'kao' the Old Town White Coffee actually is! I was expecting some barely bland, watered down cup of coffee. But to my pleasant surprise it was so 'kao', it kicked any Starbucks' coffee even with extra shots of espresso sooo hard! Guess that helped me survive through the day... Then again, I'm sure my blood is already part caffeine!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n-isLAxKDr8/SOF12zMBDtI/AAAAAAAABUY/eD06s_sjblQ/s320/Ice+White+Coffee.jpg
This will kick start the non-regulars for sure...

Right, my battery is almost running on empty nao... gonna watch today Idol and take a lloooong nap...