Monday, January 14, 2008

It's Creeping Up My Back Again...

Exams are starting in about 3 days time. I'm prepared as i'll ever will be. But the thing is rite, as of this very moment, i seriously feel like quitting the course i'm taking now. Wait, saying 'feel like' gives the impression that i might go back on it. Lemme rephrase : i seriously want to quit my course. This is not the first time this thought has been in my head. I think it was beginning of this year or last that i had this thought too but then it was just a thought.. Nothing serious, but now, more than ever, i really want too.

Why? one main reason is what ever little interest i have in this field has been washed down the drain by 1) senseless lecturers 2) severe pressure 3) just bloody don't feel like pressing the calculator anymore. Okay, the last one was abit of a drag but overall, can say my lack of interest la.. I mean, if i have to scrape my ass of the ground just to go for classes or keep my eyes open with a toothpick during revision, might as well not do it at all rite? I could even see what will happen, sit for exams, fail, pay resit money, sit again, possibly fail again then have to repeat.. FYI, bright student i am not -.-.

No, i haven't told my parents about this yet, want to wait for the right time. Possibly after CNY and after my projected holiday in penang *tat is underworks*. I hope that they will support my decision. I have a strong feeling that they will first say what they wanna say bout continuing and giving it another shot and then if all else fails, hopefully listen to what i have to say... Well, facing them is one problem, choosing what i want to do next is another.

Well, i do have some choices in mind, well, actually only one at the moment. I think i wanna do broadcasting. Why? cos it looks interesting, the subjects look very do-able and i think i will enjoy the courses. Sure sure ppl (esp elders + parents) will say that its not as easy as it sounds la, its not easy to get a job la, need to be hardworking la, need to be outspoken la this la that la. But the truth is, which course doesn't require all of the above huh? Think being an engineer means we don't have to communicate with people alot? Does anyone have insight on broadcasting?

And i am thinking, is it too late to start studying again? i don't think so rite?
Thomas Edison once said something like : "I didn't not fail 100 times to create a lightbulb, i just found out 100 ways how not to"

I guess that will be my main stand and argument la. And if i do do that course, the main reason for stayin in lala land TAR college is the fees and cost of living is way affordable.. So hey, why not. Shit, if i end up as a big shot at some tv station/radio station or being a big shot producer, won't be that bad rite? haha.. of cos, the road there ain't that easy.

I think i will see the college counsellor about this first. Its not my first time goin there so i know what i'm doing. See what she has to say, and take it from there...

So as of rite now, i'm 99.99% sure i'm not gonna continue with my course, the other 0.01% is the fact i continue and change institutes i guess...