Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kings of Europe at last!!




Champions of England, now Kings of Europe!

YES!! After 120 minutes of normal time and extra time, it was all down to penalty shoot-outs for the Champions League final between Man Utd and Chelsea.. Boy was it nerve wrecking.. Seriously, I go for exam also never under this much of pressure.. and when Ronaldo of all people missed the penalty, I thought "habis la.. this is gonna be one of those nights..". I was prepared to switch off the TV when John Terry, Chelsea captain, walked up to take the final penalty which would give his side the cup, when suddenly, he slipped and fell as he took the kick which resulted the ball to go way wide into the stands!




I think I woke up the neighbours when I shouted in delight... we were still in it, and after the next 2 United penalties, the pressure was on Chelsea and to my (and the other millions of Red Devils fans) delight, Van der Sar did what he did at the very beginning of the season... he saved the penalty!! Thus Manchester United have been crowned kings of Europe again!! Oh the sheer delight and relief I felt there after. And just for kickers, Ryan Giggs scored the last penalty before Chelsea missed. So.. another great night for the old timer :P.


Van der Sar with the all important save


Oh and for your info, that boy Ronaldo was on the score sheet again with a superb towering header. Folks, this is why I love football so much. So those who don't like or don't understand me and football post.. neah, I'm too elated to say anything bad. That wraps up another season of club football. Euro 2008 is coming up next!! I can't wait!! hahaha


On another note, American Idol Season 7 just had its finale yesterday and the results very early today morning, as a result, I only manage to sleep for 2 hours just to catch the result show. And the winner is...




Rocker David Cook


Honestly, after yesterday's performance, I didn't think he could win AI7, judging by what he has put out during the entire season, I thought he thoroughly deserved it. And what can I say, I was 2 for 2 on the night/day. United beat Chelsea, Cook beat Archuleta. And now, its already 2 in the afternoon and I only slept for 2 plus one hour nap. Gonna take another nap now.