Thursday, February 26, 2009

Air Asia n Man Utd??

Been wanting to post this since I came across the article in The Star few days ago. Couldn't believe what I saw, my eyes lit up instantly at the crack of noon when I read the headline that said something like : Man Utd wants AirAsia as shirt sponsors! Now normally I would get this off the net and able to verify this quickly by checking it with other websites, but cos I was stuck in Malacca at that time..

Anyways, can u imagine that?? Having AirAsia printed on the front of THE greatest football team in the world's jersey? Was already kinda wetting my pants thinking bout it! hahaha... maybe if it does go through, I might finally get an ORIGINAL jersey eh?

But of course there are many things to ponder about before Mr. Fernandes decides to take up this offer. Mainly like how much money it'll cost them cos after all, current sponsors AIG is paying United bout 14.1 million pounds (or issit USD?) per year. Secondly, how much will AirAsia get back through the selling of jerseys, merchandise, etc to the public? But I'm sure Mr. Fernandes is a very wise person and he will make the right choice. Wonder if our 'beloved' government will try to cock block this move?

Of course, I would personally be delighted if the deal does go through, who knows, maybe AA will have a promo like fly AirAsia n get a ManU jersey at half price? And besides, its Man Utd that approach AA, not the other way round! That must surely tell you how highly MU regards AA huh? For once I feel kinda proud when I say Malaysia Boleh!


Imagine watching this week in week out on our telly.. (pic was taken from www.tonyfernandesblog.com)

Oh, on the topic of AirAsia, Malaysian F1 GP will be coming soon... anyone interested to go? Pay la of course, no free tickets this time..

Ok la, time to go watch Liverpool against Real Madrid pula.. lol..