Tuesday, February 03, 2009

What a New Year Indeed

This year's Chinese New Year has been particularly special for me for the main reason that my birthday fell on the first day of CNY. So with the normal wishes of Gong Xi Fatt Choi, I get n extra Happy Birthday from friends n peeps around me. Meaning to say that I've never gotten so many birthday wishes before! And oh, not to mention the power of Facebook... Boy is it powerfull in more ways then 1.

Besides that, during this CNY, I manage to meet up with more friends and relatives at1 time compared to the previous years. Some even relatives I never knew I had!! Was very happy to be able to meet up with my cousins this year as last year, we didn't get to spend much time during CNY. Plus now that we all have grown up (erm.. size ni, thinkin still the same la I think :P), its even harder for us to meet.


Cousins.. Shit I only manage to get a head shot ...

And you know that you've aged when you see your younger cousins at the age of 7-13 playing PSP (seems that all the young ones have 1!!), Gameboy Advance, Nintendo, Dota, Counter Strike etc where as us at the same age were still playing hide n seek, kejar-kejar, Power Rangers..


Our customary gambling session.. alcohol was a welcomed addition this year!

Also, this year, I did manage to NOT stay alcohol free and even manage to squeeze in a tradtional gambling session or 2 :D. The food as usual was a plenty with my mom baking lots n lots of cookies n cakes. How la wanna lose weight when you've got all this good food lying around?
So basically this CNY I've been pretty busy.. If not layan relatives, its friends... And I was fine with that, leavin in the morning n only returing at late nite.. But apparently that led to my negligence towards my girlfriend at that time and she said (in my own words) that was the last straw and she couldn't take it anymore.


Happy Times!! 1 for the album

So without getting into too much details, it seems that I've been the creator of our downfall and she had to pull the plug for it was taking too much out of her hence as of the start of this month, I have become single again. Availability is subjective. haha.. I can't say I saw this coming, but maybe I should've. I feel kinda taken aback cos I thought we were on the mend but seems that I've been taking things for granted.

So maybe I deserve this in a way, and maybe I don't deserve her anymore, therefore, if this is her choice, I'd just have to swallow it. No, I politely decline any sympathy and yes, I'm doing fine. How so? Well, I figure what we had while we had was great, and I'll always cherish the memories we had, all we've gone through was a lesson in life thats worth keeping n learning from. For that I say thank you. No regrets there... Trying to be all philosophical ain't I. Plus, its not as if being sad n moody n emo will change anything right?

In the end, I just hope that we do not become strangers, I hate despising ppl and being despised and I sincerely pray that after this, life would be on the up n up for her. Finding a better guy than me n all. I'm Sorry..

Ah, its getting late.. transfer window oso closed liao.. I don't like this cliche but I'll use it anyway : 'New year, new beginning' .. haha.. lame ..