Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Feeling The Earth Move Under My Feet...

Can't seem to remember the title of that song. But today I experienced jakun moment #231: Feeling my first tremor. Was about 6.20 pm I think and I was playing my guitar pretty loudly when I felt like a gentle rocking motion on my chair. Than I remembered my chair is just a normal plastic chair and not some Osim massage chair!

Usually I get this feeling when I had either one too many drinks or high on shit. That kinda layan swaying motion. Then I looked at my water bottle and actually saw the water levels swaying from side to side! Couldn't confirm with anyone as I was the only one in the unit at that time. I thought how coincidental if it was an earthquake when I just finished watching a new episode of Heroes where a new character has the ability to shift the earth!

http://images.buddytv.com/usrimages/usr-1/-1_9584977c-2dd9-448b-93e2-076c4af8177e-premiere20.jpg
Spoiler alert: He has 2 unique powers...

So I mou tiu till I saw this on Facebook:



Before seeing that I thought to myself if it was really an earthquake, for sure its gonna be from Sumatera. Shit, they giving us so much shit nowadays bout culture n food, now this oso they wanna send to us? So I went on my trusty Google and searched for any recent seismic activity and I got this from the USGS (United States Geological Survey) website:


Neighbours... aih, some are REALLY loud...

And then, just to confirm, I went to the online The Star website for news and got this:




7.6-7.9 on the Richter scale yo! And now after 2 hours I can see many massages popping out in Facebook bout it. LOL..

When I think of earthquakes, I always imagine it like the videos or documentaries you see on NatGeo or DiscChan with shelves rocking, ceilings cracking and things start to fall apart. But this was rather calm like. Like a gentle nudge from nature saying, 'Hey you there, wake up'. So can say a bit the anti climax la.

So there, my first 'earthquake' experience *check*. Hopefully all will be well when United play tonight against Wolfsburg!