Monday, September 28, 2009

When Boredom Sets In...

While it has been quite an uneventful past week, I can't say I was bored or had nothing to do. I think the series season in Hollywood (the real Boleh-land IMHO!) starts with the end of the Emmy Awards. And since that just happened a week ago, an avalanche of show I follow have begun the new season!

I knew I watch a lot of shows to begin with, but in 1 week I manage to download new episodes of : Family Guy, How I Met Your Mother, House MD, Criminal Minds, The Simpsons, The Mentalist, Fringe, CSI: Vegas, Californication, Heroes, Dexter and Two And A Half Men! Thats not including series that are currently running like Hell's Kitchen or those still on a break like 30 Rock, Weeds and Breaking Bad! Talk about being a couch potato... Thankfully I don't have to wait for normal tv to show cos face it, half of em we will never be able to see cos of you know what/who. At least they haven't gotten to the net yet, the last resource for free media!

Take Breaking Bad for example, its a show about a Chemistry teacher who has a PhD in Crystallography (or something like that) who one day finds out he has lung cancer, so in order to pay for his medication and leave some money for his family in case he dies, he decides to cook and sell crystal meth! And the lead actor for the show is non other than Hal, Malcom's dad of Malcom in The Middle! He even won an Emmy for best actor in a drama series! How I wish there was a degree in watching tv series, 1st class honours I tell you!!

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/959/959680/breaking-bad-20090305111146634.jpg
From Hilarius Crazy Dad To Scary Crazy Dad...

And well, another weekend of football action came and went, Ryan Giggs is really surprising us fans with his masterclass performances week in week out. Many of us would think this would be his final season and one to slow down a notch. Many yet thought that he didn't deserve last years Player of the Year Award. But with performances like that not just against Stoke but almost every game this season, I think he just might win it again at the ripe age of 36!!

Though the most surprising thing was Chelsea losing 3-1 to Wigan in a match where Humpty Dumpty (Peter Chech) got sent off! Good news: obviously chelsea lost, bad new: No fantasy points for Lampard. Speaking of which, with Torres scoring a hattrick against Hull, I saw my fantasy rank drop 5 places cos all those who had Torres jump up the table like kangaroos on steroids! But luckily Darren Bent manage to come up with 2 goals and 2 assist for me to climb back up! See, how else would u see me supporting Sunderland if not for Fantasy Football!


Where was Turnbull when Humpty Dumpty was sent off?

Oh well, with classes only once a week I guess I do really have nothing to do. With the new Football Manager still a month or so away, I succumbed to Zhou's and Klip's and a few others endless post on Facebook bout Mafia Wars. I wasn't such a big player going around adding people, but I was so bored last night I was randomly adding peeps from fan sites. Jeez, what I do to burn my free time...