Saturday, October 31, 2009

Rockin' At 10 In The Mornin'...

Earlier this year a friend of my dad asked me what's all this hype about Facebook and what use has it other than being a waste of time displaying your details to the rest of the world? All I could say then was 1) Can be used to get reconnected with old friends, 2) getting to know about events happening around.

Now I can add another one : watching live concerts by bands who wouldn't think twice about coming here to play! Yes, few hours ago I was up at the crack of 10am to watch the Foo Fighters play LIVE via FaceBook! Those of you who don't know who they are must've your heads shoved up a place where the sun don't shine for about a decade and a half.

For those who do, well, they did a free gig and streamed it via their FaceBook fan page (see it pays to click on those fan pages). They rocked for a whole 2 and a half hours! I wonder if it would've been that long at a concert. What surprised me was I was able to stream flawlessly for about 2 hours from 10-12. Then unsurprisingly our lowly ranked internet speed gave me shit. Was stuttering and lagging for the last half hour >:(.


Who says Facebook is a waste of time?...

Sweet thing was they played most of their big hits so I was actually head banging most of the time at 10 in the morning! Pity those fellas in Europe who had to watch the gig in the wee hours of the morning though... having to put on earphones and all. Well take that bitches! Now you know how we feel having to stay up watching football matches!

This was my 2nd time watching something being streamed live over Facebook. 1st was the memorial service for MJ. Hopefully more artist will catch up to this and decide to do a free gig for the fans. Would really like to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers do this!

Right, I suppose now is the right time to go and resume my nap time. Couldn't sleep till 6am and woke up at 10 for the show.

Oh Halloween is today though we Malaysians don't celebrate this as big as the States. It would be nice to dress up as a cop and beat up people eh? But then again, people might just say "meh, biasa lah tu, macam tak pernah tengok".

One last note, this week's South Park pwns last week's 'They Took His Job' episode with Cartman singing Poker Face! And shit it wasn't half bad!