Thursday, December 31, 2009

In A Nutshell...

As the 1st decade of the new millennium winds down, 2009 for me can be described in short as one full of ups and downs. To not bore you all to death (we've had ENOUGH of those already this year) I'll try to summarize it as short and simple as possible. If there was a song that I can think of at the top of my head right now to sum it all up it would be Katy Perry's Hot & Cold. Yes, not so rock-metal-type of song usually associated with my music taste but hey, it has been that kinda year for me.

Best moment of the year has got to be being able to watch Manchester United LIVE in our very own backyard. Everyone knows what a die hard fan I am so it might not come as a surprise eh. But spare a thought to the tragic bombings in Jakarta for which if it did not happen, this would've been THE worst moment of my life, let alone year. However, it all went well and part of my life long goal has been achieved. The next part is to actually go to Old Trafford and watch them in a competitive match. 2010 perhaps?


Dream coming true...

Close runners up as far as I can think of would be those road trips to Penang, getting a new laptop, quitting TAR College and starting afresh, finding new ways to get hammered, watching The Foo Fighters Live via Facebook, going white water rafting.


The Power of Facebook...

Worst moment of the year, well I tend not to remember bad things for long, so I have to say, waking up early in the morning, checking Facebook and realizing Micheal Jackson had just pass away. That totally spoiled my mood for the entire day.

Which brings me to the main theme of 2009: Death. I am well aware that people die everyday, but famous people? Ones that I know of and not some old fart whose time is due anyway is just sad. Probably 09 will be remembered more for the demise of the Gloved One than the election of America's first Black president. Other notable ones include Sir Bobby Robson, Patrick Swayze, Brittany Murphy and most recently, The Rev, drummer for Avenged Sevenfold. On the local front lets not forget film maker Yasmin Ahmad and victims of political evil Teoh Beng Hock and Kuga.

http://bestofmichaeljackson.jclondon.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Photo-Dance-Michael-Jackson-for-LAGEAR.jpg
Story of The Year?...

Which leads to my bleak outlook at our country for 09. I knew we were already in the shits back then, but this year has really opened my eyes to see how much shit we are actually in. And by the looks of it, 2010 will reek of crap spilled over. From riots to fugitives to murders to corruption to racial incitement and deaths and suffering of innocents. Literally every single offence you can think of, it has happened at the highest level. And to think the new 'slogan' for our country is 1Malaysia. Will it be better or worse next year? All I can say is I love my country (yes you read right) but I hate the people running it.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/GWeekly/2009/07/10/Malaysia-language-riots.jpg
The State of The Nation...

Right enough of that, lastly though it wouldn't be right to wrap up my review without including the girlfriend. She has been through the best and worst parts of the year with me, through thick and thin. For that I do consider myself lucky. Happy New Year to you in Hong Kong love.


Let The Good Times Roll...

So there, wrapped it up pretty short right? In a couple of days time it all goes back to 1 and we shall start the cycle again. All I can do now is show the middle finger ..i.. to the bad times and the devil horns \m/ to the good of 2009. As for the upcoming year, 'Just Bring It'. How has 2009 been for you?